Wednesday 1 January 2014

Question 4 - What would be the audience for your media product?

Q) What would be the audience for your media product?

My preliminary target audience for my magazine is men and women aged 15 -25. 

Due to the age of my target audience, i know they would be able to afford £1.50 every fortnight for my magazine, as they will either have a job or they might possibly get pocket money, or just money in general from their parents. 

Male: 43%

Female: 57%

Average Age: 19

Work Full Time: 41%

Work Part Time: 39%

Audience Profile: For professional magazines, it is very important they they get to know their target audience. Getting to know the magazine's audience allows the magazines to put more in the magazine that the audience is interested in, thus having a domino effect on the number of sales of the magazine (more people will buy it, in turn, bringing in more money for the magazine). A reader profile is very important for a magazine, as it allows them to collect the information which they can they use to help their magazine. I have made a reader profile (below) so that i could have the same understanding about my audience, helping me to reach out to my target audience more.


No comments:

Post a Comment